Sunday, June 7, 2009

Waxing Philosophic


Carpe diem. Sieze the day. At 70 years of age, there may not be a whole lot of opportunities ahead of me to make a journey of this length again. I have heard it said that you seldom regret the things you did but you often regret the things you didn't do. If this blog can light a fire somewhere and encourage someone to just go out and do it(whatever it may be)I will be so happy. I didn't want to sit around on my 75th or 80th birthday and regret that I didn't make the trip.

In a way, the destinations were incidental. It was the journey that mattered. And what a journey it was - 2,501 miles through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. I have so many great memories and so many people to be thankful to. Someday I will not be able to contemplate a 2,501 mile trip.

I'm so glad I did it now.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time, but I think you ought to start dreaming up your next adventure.

    Bicycle across Ireland, maybe?

    ReplyDelete