Saturday, May 30, 2009

Journey to Sapporo


Saporro? What the ...am I doing in Sapporo? We left Los Angeles (My son drove me to the irport whhiich can be an iffy thing driving to LAX from San Diego in rush hour) Our flight to Tokyo's Narita airport on NWA #1 was scheduled to take 11 hours. At about the tenth hour, the pilot came on and said that due to headwinds we didn't have the fuel onboard to safely continue to Tokyo and we'd have to land at Sapporo to refuel. I was a little apprehensive that I might miss my connecting flight to Manila but after a bit less than an hour, we took off for Narita. I was able to make the connection and got into Manila around 11PM. It was mayhem. Another 747 had landed and the facilities were over taxed. I was unable to get a cart for my suitcases and had to wrestle the two through customs and down the long downhill ramp tp the pickup point. I knew I was back in Manila as my hair started to curl from the humidity.

I look back at my time in California. That state has everything. I would love to do a book on the flora and landscaping of the different regions. In my son's backyard are beautiful bird of paradise that really look like birds.

In future blogs, I will deal with motels, food and trip planning for seniors.

No comments:

Post a Comment